We were at the grand opening of Härth this week. (Yes, I realize the name shouldn’t be capitalized but I cant help myself.) They had hundreds of people, tons of food, a variety of drinks, an ice bar, and some performers (including 3 fire jugglers and a woman on stilts.) There were also more staff and photographers than I’ve seen at one event (but I wasn’t at the royal wedding).
- Country pork pate with peach chutney. The pate was good and I really enjoyed the chutney.
- Mini lobster rolls with tarragon mayo on mini brioche buns. This was my favorite item and I ate more than one of them.
- Cheese & Charcuterie. This included Firefly Farms goat, talbot
reserve cheddar & maryland blue cheeses, san danielle prosciutto, finochionna sausage, country pork paté, olive tapanade, peach chutney, grain mustard, and peasant bread. My favorites in this assortment were the goat cheese, olive tapanade, and peach chutney.
- Wood fired flatbreads. They served several of these, including the roasted mushroom with caramelized onion, fontina and truffled sea salt, the sweet Italian sausage with aged provolone, herb roasted fennel, san marzano tomato, , and the fire roasted chicken, red pepper, fontina & basil pesto. Turns out that the third one they served was the sweet sausage flatbread from the dinner menu.
- Chipotle BBQ Shrimp with black bean-corn salsa. This was very good, although not consistently spiced. My dining partner had 2 (from separate rounds of service) and the second one was much hotter than the first.
- Beef & veal meatballs. This had roasted tomato sauce and pecorino romano and was another dish that I enjoyed.
- Moet champagne with Gran Marnier pearls (which was awesome), 2 signature martinis (ginger, and chipotle raspberry), and wine.
- Chocolate Cupcakes. These were nice because they had dark chocolate and were kind of crumbly on top. It had a cream filling. Basically, it came across like an Oreo meets a Hostess cupcake, but with better chocolate. They were decent, but this is a cupcake town, and the cupcakes were the only dessert.
All in all, the food and drinks were very good, and the grand opening was a great experience.